- reate a Sunny Window Indoors: Mimics the full spectrum of light found in daylight, UV-free LED shines with a 10,000 lux intensity to bring 6500K light to help fight winter blues, jet lag, shift work & seasonal changes
- Ultra-Thin Design: Lightweight & unobtrusive 0.39in profile is super portable, simply slip into the supplied protective storage bag & away you go
- Rotatable Stand: Pivot the stand 90 degrees for use in portrait or landscape & adjust the opening angle between 40-100 degrees to position the light as best needed
- Smooth Dimming: Simply touch the “+ “or the “–“ button for 2 seconds to set your ideal dosage & reap the mood-boosting benefits the light brings
- Easy-Set Timer: Long press the power button to start the 30min timer, LED indicator blinks white upon successful activation, long press a second time to cancel the timer
- UV-Free 10000 Lux Light Therapy Lamp: Features the same 6500K color temperature of natural sunlight to help fight winter blues, jet lag, and shift work or seasonal changes
- 3 Brightness Settings: Set the level that best suits the environment, the distance from the light therapy lamp, and your sensitivity
- User-Centered Design: Touch control lets you press to turn on / off or slide to set the timer; conveniently time your sessions from 10 to 60 minutes
- Compact Silhouette: Foldable bracket makes it easy to store and carry; fits next to your laptop, on the kitchen counter, within your cubicle desk, and more
- Wallet- & Environment-Friendly: The light therapy lamp’s LED lasts 8x longer than fluorescent bulbs, minimizing replacements and maintenance
Whether you reside in a harsh winter environment, work long overtime hours in an office cubicle, or suffer from mood disorders like depression. TaoTronics Therapy lamps can help you to reduce the seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and improve the mood considerably.
1. What is SAD?
SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder, a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons. It is prevalent in the fall and winter seasons. SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year.
2. Does led light therapy help with sad?
In the brain, there is a protein called SERT that transports serotonin to the presynaptic neuron from the synaptic cleft. It plays a major role in serotonin regulation, affecting mood and depression. Therapy lamps can used to the winter-pattern SAD occurs when there’s a shortage of sunlight. Higher SERT levels prevent proper serotonin functioning. More detail.
3. What are the symptoms of spring and summer SAD？
Some SAD symptoms are specific to the summer and spring seasons. This type of SAD is referred to as summer depression and its symptoms include:
Insomnia, Poor appetite, Weight loss, Increased anxiety, agitation, and occasionally violent behavior
4. What are the symptoms of fall and winter SAD?
The type of SAD that occurs during fall and winter is known as winter depression. Its symptoms include Oversleeping, Increased cravings for sugary foods and carbohydrates, Rapid weight gain, Lasting tiredness, arms and, legs feel heavy, Social withdrawal, A huge drop in energy levels and physical activity.