Humidifier FAQs & Troubleshooting
Q: There is water in the TaoTronics Humidifier Tank When I Received it, is it Used?
A: Before the products are shipped out, there will be a water retention test for leak proofness; therefore, the water tank may have water drops, stains or slight mildew left inside of the water tank.
Q: Just Received the Moldy Water Tank, if My Humidifier was Used?
A: Before the products are shipped out, there will be a water retention test for leak proofness; therefore, the water tank may have water drops, stains or slight mildew left inside of the water tank. We recommend cleaning the humidifier when you receive it. Here is the cleaning instruction.
Q: Is TaoTronics Humidifier in Sleep Mode, the Blue Light Inside is OFF? Or How Can I Turn Off the LED Light?
- Press the Nightlight Button / Sleep Button once to turn on the nightlight.
- Press it again to enter sleep mode with the mist level switching to the low level. All the indicators on the LED display will turn off except the sleep indicator.
- In sleep mode, all the other buttons remain functional.
- Press one more time to exit sleep mode.
Q: How to Fix If the TaoTronics Humidifier Water Tank is Leaking or Overflowing?
A: Please check if the following happened
- The humidifier corroded; the machine cracked caused by using the essential oil, falling to the hard surface, the rupture of water tank cap, loose water tank cap
- The outlet is flooded Please keep the outlet away from water. We recommend you clean the humidifier, and let it air dry for two days. The humidifier should be working.
Here is an instruction for cleaning.
If the leaking still occurs, the humidifier may be defective. Please contact TaoTronics Support Team for Solving it!
Q: Can TaoTronics Humidifiers Add Essential Oils?
A: Some TaoTronics humidifiers can only add water, not essential oils such as AH001/002/009, some models can add essential oils: TT-AH012/TT-AH014/TT-AH016/VA-AH016
Using essential oils on TaoTronics humidifiers which can’t support the essential oils will damage the base and cause a water leak.